All clothing and personal belongings should be clearly marked with your child's name. Items are left behind at school in ‘forgotten places’ every day.
There is a school uniform which we would encourage the children to wear. We feel that it promotes a sense of identity within the school community, puts the children in the right frame of mind for working and creates a good impression when the school is seen in public.
School Uniform Guidelines are as follows:
- Navy blue sweatshirt/jumper/cardigan/fleece with or without the school logo (no hoodies)
- Light blue t-shirt
- Grey school trousers/Skirt
- Black shoes that are flat and cover the whole foot
- White, black or grey socks
(Please note that jeans, tracksuits, leggings, trainers, open-toe sandals and general sports kit are considered unsuitable for everyday school wear).
School uniform items, embroidered with our school emblem can be purchased from:
'My Clothing’ online www.myclothing.com
‘Skoolkit’ www.skoolkit.co.uk at 149, West Street, Fareham, PO16 0YA - Tel. 01329 822509.
School Logo book bags are available to buy from the School office for £6.75.
Water Bottles are available for Year 3 Children for 50p.
- Trainers for outdoor games
- Plain coloured traditional shorts, preferably white, blue or grey
- Plain coloured vest or T-shirt, preferably white or blue
- A tracksuit is useful, especially during the winter
- Named PE bag
It is important that the children change for PE and Games and that they dress correctly to demonstrate a sense of pride in our school and as a discipline. Your co-operation in providing the above PE kit would be appreciated.
Sometimes PE or Games lessons have to be re-scheduled so it is important that your child keeps his/her kit at school all week. It should be taken home each Friday and brought back on Mondays. (We are limited for locker space in school and we would ask that the children only bring a bag suitable for their possessions. There is not the room for large sports kit bags).
The wearing of jewellery in school can be potentially dangerous so necklaces, bracelets and rings are not allowed except in the following instances:
- Medicare bracelets and necklaces are allowed.
- A watch clearly marked with your child's name is allowed.
One pair of stud earrings may be worn but must be removed for all PE activities. Our school policy on this is in line with Hampshire Education Authority Health and Safety Guidelines.